As per the recommendations of the Ninth Pay Revision Commission 2010 the salary of Kerala Government Employees expected to increase from 01st April, 2010. The benefit is available for around 4.5 lakh government employees including Teachers, University Staff, Cooperative Bank Staffs, Part Time govt. employees, Kerala Police , Kerala Fire Force , Health care .etc.
There were 24 salary scales and now the pay revision commission recommended 27 pay scales with the existing 24 scales and 3 new scales. Kindly see the table below for existing scales and corresponding recommended scales.
How to fix the revised pay
The new basic pay will be fixed as per the following manner.
1. Basic Pay (pre revised scale) on 01.07.2009 or date Opted by the employee.
2. 64%of DA to be merged (Add 64% of the above basic pay)
3. Fitment Benefit (Rs. 1000 or 10% of pre revised basic whichever is higher)
4. Add all the above (steps 1+2+3)
5. Fix the stage in the revised scale
6. Add Service Weightage : 0.5% for every year of service(if you have completed 8 years in service on 01.07.2009 or at the date of option, you have to add 4% (8×0.5) of revised basic pay (pay at step 5) as service weightage)
7. Add step 5 and 6
8. Fix the stage in the revised scale as your Basic Pay at 01,07,2009 or the option date.
- Leave Travel Concession for Kerala State Government employees as per Ninth Pay Commission report
- Benefits of Kerala Pay Revision Commission Report 2010 at a glance