The Employees Provident Fund Organisation, India (EPFO) launched a new service to know the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) Balance through SMS for the convenience of its subscribers. The service has been launched on 01st July, 2011. Those who want to know their EPF Balance through SMS should go to the EPFO website through the link shown at the end of this post and should select their EPFO office and enter your PF number to know your EPF account balance.
Provident fund is a compulsory deduction form salary of all employees for the welfare of employees after retirement. All employers should deduct a certain percentage form employee’s salary and should deposit the same with equal contribution from employer to EPFO account or such approved trust account. The amount with interest will be refunded to the employee at the time of retirement or some few other circumstances. The amount deposited in EPF and the interest earned for the same is exempted from Income tax as per the present tax law.
Steps to know EPF account Balance through SMS
- 1. Click the Link below this post
This link will bring you to the webpage where you can know the EPF account balance.
- 2. Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and click on the submit button
- 3. Enter you EPF account Number which you may get from your pay slip or PF account statement.
- 4. Enter your Name and Mobile Number when asked for. This Mobile number will be saved along with your PF Account Number.
- 5. After successful submission of all the above steps, the details will be sent to your mobile number through SMS
At present this service is available for Delhi (North), Delhi (South), Laxmi Nagar (Delhi), Gurgaon, Faridabad, Karnal and Bangalore. The data of the Remaining offices will be added soon and after that the service will be available to them also.